John McCreight is the founder and chairman of the strategy implementation firm, McCreight & Company, Inc. He is also the co-founder of three sister management consulting firms: Board Effectiveness Partners, LLC; CIO Group, LLC; and Second Opinion, LLC.
John has been a management consultant in public practice since 1968, partnering with clients in developing and implementing strategy involving Canada, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, the Middle East, United Kingdom, United States, and Western Europe. He holds a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
John’s consulting involves partnering with CEOs and their senior leaders, directors, boards, and investors in industry; and senior leaders in the government, focused on:
- Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice
- National Security
- Professional Services
John’s involvement in cybersecurity began in 2007 – at the request of senior leaders in one of the nations’ “top five” intelligence agencies. He is proud to have served and partnered with many of the nations’ cybersecurity leaders – designing and implementing changes focused on strengthening the effectiveness of the nations’ response to cybersecurity threats and opportunities.
Most of John’s engagements involve one or more of the following client priorities:
- identifying management issues and resources that are likely to energize or constrain strategic, large-scale change,
- defining talent and technology requirements, challenges, and opportunities to optimize strategic change,
- identifying and guiding the mitigation of strategy implementation obstacles, and
- designing and sustaining strategic change processes, milestones, metrics, and timelines.
John has served as a pro bono advisor to the Deputy Secretary of Defense; the National Institutes of Health; Carnegie Hall; the Salvation Army; the Town of Greenwich, Connecticut; the Superintendent of Schools, Stamford, Connecticut; Voices of September 11; Supportive Housing WORKS; and the Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents (CAPSS).
He was a full-time member of a Presidential Commission staff, co-directing an industry and client team focused on strengthening the effectiveness of the U.S. Navy.
John concentrates personally and professionally, partnering with our clients’ leaders, on:
- business or mission restructuring and transformation,
- mergers, acquisitions, alliances and joint ventures,
- new business or mission development and global change, and
- senior leader and ownership transition.
John was a Partner and member of the Executive Committee, Touche Ross & Company (currently Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu), former Managing Director, Hayes Hill & Company (currently Towers Perrin), and former Managing Director, The Hay Group.
Prior to consulting, John was Section Chief, Computer and Management Systems Development, AVCO – Apollo and Minuteman Divisions (currently Textron), and Management Systems Development Leader, Thiokol (currently Alliant Techsystems, Inc.).
John was a director and officer of the Institute of Management Consultants, as well as a board member of Hayes Hill & Company (currently Towers Perrin), Supportive Hosing WORKS, and the Marine Environmental Research Institute. John holds a B.S. in Management Sciences from Northeastern University. He is a U.S. Navy veteran.
A sampling of John’s clients and the professional services firms where he was a senior partner or managing director include:
- Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents
- Connecticut Council for Education Reform
- Detroit Public Schools
- Greenwood Publishing
- Kauffman Foundation
- New York City Public Schools
- Stamford, Connecticut Public Schools
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business
- Brooklyn Union Gas
- KeySpan (acquired by National Grid)
- UIL Holdings
- United Illuminating
- Cardiopulmonary Corporation
- Connecticut State Emergency Medical Services
- Dianon Systems
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia
- Greenwich, Connecticut, Emergency Medical Services
- Johnson & Johnson
- Metropolitan Washington Regional Medical Association, Emergency Medicine
- Michigan Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Michigan State Department of Mental Health
- Quest Diagnostics
- US, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Yale-New Haven Health System
- American Express
- Applied Minds
- Bank of America
- Credit Suisse
- Deutsche Bank
- JP Morgan Chase
- Reed Elsevier
- The New York Times
- The Washington Times
- Boston Mayor’s Office
- Detroit Mayor’s Office
- Hawaii State Police
- Indiana Governor’s Office
- Michigan Governor’s Office
- Montreal Police
- New Haven Police
- New York City Mayor’s Office
- New York City Police
- San Francisco Police
- Lockheed Martin
- Northrop Grumman
- US Central Intelligence Agency
- US Deputy Secretary of Defense
- US Federal Bureau of Investigation
- US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- US National Security Agency
- US Office of the Director or National Intelligence
- US Presidential Commission
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (formerly Touche Ross)
- Elliott Management
- Hay Group
- Hayes Hill (acquired by Towers Perrin)
- Saatchi & Saatchi
- Wand Partners, Inc.
- Bell Laboratories
- EF Johnson Technologies
- Kellstrom Aerospace
- United Technologies
- Varian Semiconductor
- Wang (acquired by Getronics)